07 4038 3800 - 24/7   |   info@professionalscairnsbeaches.com.au
Register for Alerts   |   Login to Alerts

Professionals Cairns Beaches

Shop 1 Smithfield Business Centre, 1057 Captain Cook Hwy Smithfield

07 4038 3800 - 24/7

07 4038 3400


Contact us





Moving into your Rental Property

Congratulations on your approved application for your new home. So that you know what to expect moving forward, please note the following process;

(a)             Confirmation – We will contact you by phone and also send a confirmation email to advise you that your tenancy application has been approved.

(b)             Deposit/Rent payment – You are then required to bring in two week’s rent to secure the property for which you will receive a receipt. This payment should be made immediately. Your Property Manager will advise you of your payment method options.

(c)             Rent/Bond – Once your deposit is paid, an email will be sent to you advising the amount due for both rent and bond upon signing your lease. Your property manager will also schedule an appointment at a mutually suitable time for the lease and other paper work to be completed.

(d)             General Tenancy Agreement – ALL tenants listed on the General Tenancy Agreement (Form 18) must come into the office to sign the required paperwork. This includes the General Tenancy Agreement (Form 18), Bond Lodgment (Form 2) etc. You are required to read these documents carefully and you are welcome to ask any questions.

Upon lease start date, you will receive the following:

Please also note the following:

Keys issued early. It is important to note we are unable to issue keys early, or grant access to the property any earlier than the allocated tenancy start date. An example of this is where access to the property is required to move boxes into a garage or bedroom, or a removal truck company requires access earlier due to their availability. Under all circumstances we cannot issue any keys earlier than the start date of the tenancy, for legal and security reasons.

For more information, please go to the Office of Fair Trading Website (www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/)

Utility Connections

Direct Connect is Australia’s leading utilities connection provider, that help over 150,000 people move house every year.

They can help make the move in process easier, they specialise in connecting electricity, telephone, internet, gas etc and more importantly saves you the time and hassle calling various people and its absolutely free!

Direct Connect have an “always on guarantee” policy knowing your connections will be taken care of ready by the day you move in – that’s their promise to you.

Simply click here to apply now

Wanting us to get you connected?

Direct Connect is a free no-obligation service that will connect all your utilities on your behalf, simply ask us for a form to fill in and nominate the services you wish to have connected and we will forward it to Direct Connect on your behalf

Should you wish to arrange connections of yourself, here are some useful numbers:

Power and Gas

Ergon                                                             13 10 46

Origin Energy                                             13 24 61

El Gas                                                            13 11 61

Telephone and Internet

Telstra                                                           13 22 00                    www.telstra.com.au  (also has e-cards to notify change of address)

Optus                                                            13 33 45                    www.optus.com.au

Waste Management

Cairns Regional Council                           4044 3044

Mail Redirection & Changing Address

Ensure that you let financial organisations, road departments and other important bodies know of your change of address. Alternatively, you can contact Australia post to have your mail redirected for a set period of time.

Should you receive any mail addressed to either previous tenants or the landlords, please return to sender.

Removalist and Parking

Should you be moving into a strata unit complex, there may be some arrangements to be made with the building manager prior to moving in, if this is the case, your Property Manager will advise you.

Contact Details

Once your new contact details are available, for example, landline phone number and postal address, (if different from your residential rental property address) please email your property manager with your new details.


Should you wish to copy keys it is important to note that upon vacating, we will need back all keys given to you at the tenancy commencement, and also any extra copies created during your tenancy period. If you change the locks during tenancy, you are obligated to notify your property manager and provide the office with 3 sets of the new keys.

Any lost or damaged keys, remotes and security fobs, must be replaced at your expense.

Payment and Lodgment of Your Bond

Your bond will be lodged with the state bond authority and you can expect confirmation from them indicating your lodgment number.

Property Entry Report

Please ensure that you return your signed/amended copy of your property entry report to us within 3 days of the tenancy start date. If this is not returned please be aware that the original inspection will be used for end of tenancy comparison, regardless of whether you agree to the original report or not.

For more information on completing and returning your condition report please see Office of Fair Trading Website (www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/)

Foxtel/Other Satellite Dishes

Before considering having any satellite dishes connected, you must first contact the Property Manager to seek permission.  Some Lessors and or Body Corps will not allow satellite dishes attached to the building, and in most cases written permission needs to be sought.


No additional fittings or fixtures such as TV brackets, nails, shelving, hooks etc can be installed without prior written permission from the Property Manager. Professional installation maybe required.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you seek your own contents insurance.

It is important to note that should your goods be damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owner’s property. You are not covered through the owner’s insurance. (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc).

Example One: An electrical fault in the building starts a fire and the property is destroyed. Your possessions will not be covered by the owners insurance.

Example Two: You are away on holidays and the power cuts out due to an electrical fault in the building. Your return home to find your fridge/freezer goods spoilt. The owners insurance will not cover your fridge/freezer goods.

In all cases above, quality tenant contents insurance should cover your goods for these given examples. Please check with your insurer, however, for the cover they can provide you.

Copyright © 2018 Professionals Real Estate  |  Privacy Policy & Disclaimer  |  Made in Melbourne by iProperty